Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Little Quilting Miracle

As you may know I am participating in Doll Quilt Swap 4. And in a previous post I showed a little sneak peek at what I am working on. Well, it involves a lot of triangles which I drew out. After I drew them I checked on my 6 x 24 inch ruler with angled lines and none of the angles matched up to my triangles, so I decided I'd just have to use freezer paper templates instead of rotary cutting my triangles with my ruler. I wasn't really looking forward to that. But I wanted to stick to my design, so I was willing.

Then I received the Tri-Recs Tools in the mail that I won (thanks again Karen!). I just thought I'd lay the triangle ruler on my triangle and see if they matched up---a long shot in my mind. Well guess what? They fit perfectly! I couldn't believe my eyes. What a perfect time to receive that triangle ruler! So I counted up my triangles, I needed to cut 52. I counted up the different fabrics I had--13. That's exactly 4 triangles out of each fabric!






Don't you just love it when things work out like that!? Amazing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I looked on the Doll Quilt Swap 4 and wow. Some pretty neat stuff is going on there!!

Trisha said...

That is SO awesome! It will make things so much easier. So glad you won!

Karen said...

That is amazing, glad it worked out that way. I love the pictures of your daughter sewing, my daughter is learning too. Isn't it neat having a little quilting buddy right in your home?

conner posse said...

wow, that tool is amazing! i didn't know it existed. how nice, to make your projects easier like that. i love seeing what you're up to!