Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

What Get's You Through?



Hi Blogging friends. You may have noticed I haven't been posting as much in the past three weeks. My life has kinda got in the way. Don't you hate it when that happens?

When things get rough what do you do to keep your sanity? Here are some things that I have tried to do:
  1. Talking with friends helps me keep my perspective and helps me talk things through.
  2. Reaching out to others who may be able to help/give advice.
  3. Listening.
  4. Accepting others for who they are at the moment, not trying to push too hard.
  5. Taking some time for myself to do something creative.
  6. Keeping my thoughts positive. (this is hard sometimes!)
  7. Looking outside of myself and my circumstances and giving service to others.
  8. Finding reasons and ways to laugh.
  9. Exercise!
  10. Recognizing the small steps of improvment in the situation.
I'd love to hear what you do to get through when things seem so tough. We all have those days, right?

In an effort to work on number 2, 5 and 7 I hope I will be able to get back to my blog and the fun community of friends I find here. I look forward to hearing from you.

8 comments:

diane said...

I have to talk things over too and examine them from every angle.
Books and movies are a nice escape.
Lean on your friends. That's what we're here for.

Gina said...

Chocolate always works for me.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Maree said...

Um, CHOCOLATE, Chocolate, and more chocolate for the big problems--that Rocky Road ice cream was good company on the road down infertility. Also books are a great escape for me. I also enjoy uplifting music and chatting with loved ones. Service is the true perspective-giver though, and no matter how much my life sucks, it always makes me feel better. I agree with Diane, lean on friends!

quilterpolly said...

I loved your blog today...I needed it:) really having a struggle in my life and that was good to read to put things into perspective. Here is a little quote I will share with you today...Whem you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love...enjoy and remember laughter is the most healthful exertion:)

jacquie said...

sometimes i have to kick myself to remember the blessings in my life...and time in the studio fills my soul (most of the time). i have to be careful not to turn inwards...it's important to reach out.

Jen said...

Chocolate and exercise usually help me out of a rut.

Harper Family said...

Well, when I'm in a rut I usually like to chit chat with family or friends. Not necessarily about anything but I get positive energy from people so I enjoy that. Also, exercise works well. Chocolate--it is good but I would feel worse after eating it so that doesn't help.

SavvyGirl said...

Hey Tina! You are one strong woman! I admire how you continually smile even when it's hard. I love that about you! Hang in there. I love to talk things over a good smoothie -- i am always up for one!