Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Doll Quilts - ALQS2 or DQS5

I'm signed up for 2 doll quilt swaps right now. The first one is Another Little Quilt Swap Round 2. The deadline is Nov 10. The one I just signed up for is Doll Quilt Swap Round 5. The deadline is December 1st. I wasn't going to sign up for DQS5, but the sign-ups were while I was at my sister's, and we talked each other into signing up. You should have seen us all giddy trying to send our info right away so we could get in before it filled up!

My plan for ALQS2 was to take the left over fabric from my jelly roll quilt and use it to make a little quilt for my partner. So when I got home from my sister's I whipped this baby up one night. Here are some sneak peeks:

I had so much fun! I didn't really have very much of a plan, I just started sewing pieces of fabric together log cabin style, taking a step back and adding some more. It just came together as I went. I am pleased with the result! And the quilting was so fun too. I took the same approach and let the quilt tell me how I should quilt it. (does that sound crazy? :o) )

Anyway, now that I have received my partner info for DQS5 I think I might give this little quilt to him/her instead, and make a different quilt for my first swap partner. I get to hold on to it for a while though and pretend like it's mine, since the deadline isn't until Dec 1!

What was I worried about? I can handle 2 swaps at once :o). I better get started (again) on my ALQS2 quilt!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I LOVE how you quilted it! So great! And no you're not crazy, my quilts talk to me all the time. :)

diane said...

That quilt is fabulous!

Tracy said...

This is beautiful!

Rebecca said...

ooooooooooooooohhh. gorgeous. i love the birds in that one. wow. someone will be lucky to receive that!