Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It Arrived!



My DQS5 doll quilt arrived at its destination! Heidi wrote twice about receiving it on her blog, here and here. I'm so happy that it arrived safely and that she is enjoying it. She already has it hanging up in her craft room!

My partner for the mini quilt in a bag swap received my bag of goodies. I sent my bag a little while before the deadline, she has until the end of November to send me her bag. So I'll have plenty of time to work on her mini quilt December and January.
Meanwhile I've been working on my jelly roll quilt that I started when I was at my sister's.
I'm adding the white to make the quilt bigger. I'm torn between the way it looked without the white and and how it looks with. But it does need to get bigger. So I'm just going to keep going. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, I just like it both ways.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it with the white. Makes each block pop.
Fun to share your doll quilts.

Heidi said...

I agree with Dianna. I think the white makes the block pop out and highlights all the beautiful fabrics you have in the quilt. Without the white you start to concentrate on finding the pattern in the blocks and not the beauty of the fabric combinations.

Tina said...

That’s what my original thinking was, thanks for bringing me back to it. Thanks for your comment! (and thanks to my sister who I think gave me the idea in the first place!)

em's scrapbag said...

Love the fabrics you used in the bento box quilt. The white really brings them out.

Karen said...

Too funny, we always like to have it both ways don't we? You will just have to make two. Looks lovely!