Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Fabric

Found some time to get to the quilt shop yesterday. I wish it was closer, but then again, that might be dangerous!

I was looking for a back for my birthday quilt. But they didn't carry the line of fabric I used, and nothing else seemed to be right. It's not looking good that I'm going to get that done by my birthday...we'll see. I think I need to see if I can find it at an online store.

I was also looking for some fabric for a baby quilt that I want to make for a friend. Here's the fabric I chose:

012

And here's a rough design (doesn't have all the details in it) that I did on EQ5:

image

I found a quilt on flickr that is my inspiration, but unfortunately I didn't save the link. It had small pinwheels in the sashing and some half square triangles. It's soooo cute! I hope mine turns out as cute!

I also bought this fabric:

013

for the fundraiser quilt I'm doing for my daughter's class. It's a football team theme. The kids just finished the logo artwork, so I've got to get busy tracing the artwork onto some fabric. The next step will be to have the kids color the team logos in with fabric inks.

Can you see why I'm not sure I'm going to get my birthday quilt done in time?!

5 comments:

Kim W said...

We were just talking about the art auction and Jason's name came up ... with a sound of concern. I should have known his would be taken care of with you in the class. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Gina said...

Great fabrics

love and hugs Gina xxx

jacquie said...

lots going on in your house! love the sailboat quilt! i can't wait to see that come together.

Alex said...

Fabric addiction. I relate. Where do you shop? I love quilt shops. I'm thinking about doing the crusin thru san diego quilt run. Funny if I can into you :)

Karen said...

Yes, I can see that you are going to have some trouble getting it done. The baby quilt with the sailboats is going to be so cute. Can't wait to see it. I hope that you find the backing for your quilt. I have a lot of trouble with that too.