Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm Still Here...

I never reported on our Youth Conference...it turned out to be amazing.  And the weather was great...(no rain!)...except for the wind!  Setting up the tents at night in the wind was quite a feat.  Not to mention trying to sleep in them while the wind was blowing the tents all over the place!  But other than that...the kids seemed to really have some great experiences out there.010

It was a beautiful location! The youth were separated into 18 families, and 18 handcarts.  My job was the organization of the youth into the families, keeping track of all the information and getting them registered.  And all that was taken care of before and right at the beginning, so that made for a low stress time for me.

005The bag I ended  up making right before was perfect...I'm so glad I had it!

***

Last weekend I found some time (while my family was out running errands and doing some Mother's Day stuff) without anything I had to do (well I also might have been avoiding some stuff!). I spied my "birthday quilt" on the shelf and decided to work on it.

001

The top was pieced, and I had everything I needed, so over the next few days I layered it up and got it all quilted and made the binding.  I'm so excited to actually finish this quilt and to keep it all for myself! Pictures of the finished project will hopefully be posted soon!

IMG00083-20090510-1516Mother's Day was wonderful and I felt very loved...with wonderful meals that I didn't cook, and cards, chocolate and a new fun new pair of sandals!

 

I haven't been home much, but have been reading blogs on the run. It doesn't work very good for commenting, but I have been glad to see what you all have been up to!  I love my Blackberry!

3 comments:

diane said...

Seriously cool sandals!

My kid had a fabulous experience on the trek.

Looking forward to seeing the quilt, maybe in person sometime.

Trisha said...

I can't wait to see a picture of the finished quilt! (the whole quilt-haha) Cute sandals!

Nanette Merrill said...

Hey where did you get those great sandals? I like them. Our youth are getting ready for Trek in July. They are going to a new place this time. I'm always nervous a little about Trek. I don't think I'd have made it if I were a pioneer. I'd have been back with Joseph Smith's wife sitting on the porch and in the wrong church I'm afraid.