Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

june 25.citrus

My friend was picking grapefruit off her tree the other day when I stopped by. I ended up the lucky recipient of 5 large grapefruit from her tree. I mentioned to her that my husband and I love grapefruit, but that I never buy them. I thought about that afterwards. Growing up we had a grapefruit tree in our yard. I guess in my mind grapefruit should be picked off a tree, not bought from a store. Too bad I don't have a grapefruit tree, but at least now I know who has them to share!

1 comment:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I grew up in a farming community, and we always bought our fruit from a farmer. I totally understand why you don't buy your own grapefruit. It's always better tasting when it hasn't been shipped across the country.

Nice blog!