Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Doll Quilt Swap 12

This time around for the Doll Quilt Swap there are some new challenges.  We can pick from 5 different blocks and we must include a solid that is not white, or any version of white.  The quilt must have at least 9 blocks, and must be between 9 and 20 inches.

I had some time to sew today, so I chose to work on my doll quilt.  It is supposed to be mailed out by the beginning of April.

I used 3 solids in my Drunkards Path block quilt:  a light aqua, a light pink, and a charcoal grey.  Along with several patterned fabrics in shades of grey and black as well as pink, green and blue.

I enjoyed working with the curved piecing.  It has been a while since I’ve pieced this block.   I decided to miter the border strips, and it actually went smoothly. I like the results.  Hopefully my partner will too.

No comments: