First I traced the templates onto freezer paper and cut them out.
Next I ironed the templates onto the wrong side of the fabric. (gotta love that freezer paper!) And cut them out with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Next I layed out the pieces so I could start sewing!
Here's one half sewn together using the freezer paper as a guide.
I then sewed the two halves together. I am happy that all the points turned out pretty nicely!
Next I cut the triangles for the corners and sewed them on.
I prepared the diamonds using starch and a brush, ironing down the seam allowances to the back. I pinned them on and stitched them down.
I then cut the back of the applique and pulled out the paper. And here's the finished block!
Now it's time to make one more for my sister!