Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Apples and Cinnamon

What is it about blogging? It makes me want to take pictures of everything and blog about it! Today I am finally getting around to making applesauce in the crockpot. My mom made it while visiting my sisters, and shared some with us too a few months ago. So here it goes:
You need:
8 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced or cut into chunks
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar

1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
2. Cover. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 3-4 hours
3. Serve warm. (This sauce is also delicious served chilled!)

Yum!

And just for the fun of it (my sister will get a kick out of this!) here are a couple pictures of my first successful cinnamon rolls. I took a lot of pictures of them (my pre-blogging days). I was so happy that they turned out so good!




3 comments:

Trisha said...

I love how artsy your pictures are. How did using different apples turn out? Now I am going to have to make some, it looks so yummy! And your cinnamon rolls look mahvalous.

Tina said...

The apples were good, but I think the granny smiths were pretty tart. I liked it, but maybe for a sweeter applesauce I'd leave them out. The applesauce had a lot of flavor! 1 tsp of cinnamon really goes a long way!

ferntyler said...

I'm totally going to try this - putting that apple corer/peeler/slicer to good use :)