Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pincushions!



I love these pincushions! I first saw a pincushion like this on bhg.com designed by Heather Bailey back in January. I thought they were so cute so I printed out the instructions and filed it away in my "sewing ideas I'll get to someday" file. Then recently I happened upon a tutorial on Bari J.'s blog. They were so cute I had to make one. (There is a link to the tutorial on the right hand side just in case you want to try it!) The pattern ended up making a pretty large pincushion (red one above) - 4.5in x 2.5in. So on my next try (the black and yellow one) I made it a bit smaller - 3.5 x 1.5--just right! Then I made a few more ...

for birthdays...


...and for my daughter's teacher. When she saw what I was making she insisted that her teacher needed one for the "class pet" stuffed animal--Webster the frog--who is always needing stitched up from getting so much lovin'.


and one more ...

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I love them! They are so cute! I love the fabric you picked. Great gift idea.

jacquie said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog so I could find you! I love these pincushions. I'm always in need of another!

diane said...

Ok, did you realize that my pincushion totally matches my dining room/quilt room?! I love it! Way better than a tomato.

Tina said...

Yes! I did that on purpose!