Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

School Auction Quilts

My next quilt project will benefit my daughter's school. They are having an art auction on Open House night at the end of the month. Each classroom creates a work of art to be auctioned off. My daughter's classroom is doing a quilt. Each of the kids drew a picture of a rainforest animal onto a 7 1/2 inch square of muslin and then colored them in with fabric ink. Now it's my turn to sew them all together into a wall hanging. The pictures turned out so cute and I'm excited to get it put together. Here it is layed out on my floor so I can start sewing.

Last year we did a quilt also. It was a twin size, and the children did beach and ocean pictures. Of course each child in the class wants to own the quilt, so they put a lot of pressure on their parents the night of the Open House to win them the quilt. Therefore it is a pretty successful event for the school! And the quality of the art is amazing.

My high school son is in the marching band and they just recently had a fundraiser auction also. So, of course, I decided to make a quilt and donate it to the cause (because that's what I do). It was a twin size quilt in the colors of his school. It is actually the quilt that I have under my blog title. I haven't heard yet how much it went for. I hope it did well.

No comments: