My kids have a new approach to getting their way. They make top ten lists for why they should get to do something.
Here are a couple examples:
These are 10 good reasons we should get to go to chucky cheeses...
1. Their pizza is great!
2. It's a good pasttime.
3. It's extremely fun and safe.
4. You can get prizes!
5. They have the best playset in the world!
6. It's awesome!
7. Me and R have not been there in a long time!
8. Chucky gives out free tickets!
9. You can buy candy.
10. We love it!
and this one... (they got even better at it the second time)
10 Great Reasons to go Ice Skating
1. It is really HOT.
2. Good exercise because we did not go running.
3. It is so so so so so so much fun.
4. We need to practice our ice skating skills.
5. We haven't been in a really, really long time.
6. If we don't go we will be really bored.
7. That is the best place to get our energy out.
8. We love it there.
9. It will give you time to read. (nice touch!)
10. We really want to go.
Both times it got them their way. And for some reason they write them on small paper plates?