Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sailing, Sailing...

004 006

008

Sailboats are going swimmingly! I've got the top pieced and now I need to get back to the store to buy the backing fabric. Why can I not just get all the fabric I need all at once?! I don't really like to figure it all out from start to finish. I get a vague idea of what I want to do and just jump in and start sewing. Serves me right.

I tried to purchase the fabric for my birthday quilt online but even though the site said "in stock" it wasn't! It was too good to be true! It's hard to find Moda Urban Chik Blossom fabric...I think it came out in 2007. I'm waiting to hear if they have ANY of the Blossom fabric in stock... tap... tap... tap... I'd AT LEAST like to purchase the fabric for my birthday since there is no way I can get it done by Saturday like I had originally hoped!

I'm going over today to the school to have the kids start coloring in the football logos for the fundraiser quilt. I hope it goes well!

7 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilt is great. Ilove the sail boats. Good luck with the fabric. I know how frustrating it can be. I shop for fabric like you do.

Trisha said...

Tina, the quilt is turning out SOOO cute!! I love the water fabric! It is perfect!

ferntyler said...

I love seeing the sailboat quilt.. I made one once with a similar pattern, but it is amazing to see how much better it can look with the different fabrics and great vision..

diane said...

This quilt is my new favorite. It reminds that me when my boys were little their bedroom was decorated with a sailboat theme in red white and blue.

Yes, I stenciled sailboats on the walls. Back in the day, when I was creative.

Heidi said...

I love the wavy fabric design as the water underneath the boat blocks. The whirligig blocks add a nice touch as well. They look like signal flags to me.

jacquie said...

love this...great fabrics...great choice to add the pinwheels..they're so nautical.

Karen said...

The sailboats and pinwheels look so good. I really like your fabric choices. They all make me think of water and sailing. The person that receives it will be so happy.