Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Festival of Arts

The beginning quilting class I am doing is part of a full day of classes on a variety of subjects that is being put on at church.  In conjunction with that they are having a Festival of Arts.  They asked us for artwork that shared our view on the theme "The Lord Looketh Upon the Heart."

001

Here's a quick picture I snapped of my submission.  I was on my way to drop it off on the deadline, and realized I hadn't taken a picture of it.   (Not a bad picture for a phone.)

There are 8 hearts within the larger heart, and each one represents a value in the Young Women (ages 12-18) program at church.  Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue.  I machine freehand stitched the words onto the hearts with some black thread.

I dreamed this up after pondering what I could do for this event.  I was sort of amazed that when I sketched it out it actually worked!  All 8 hearts fit in perfectly with a little pink filler.

It will be fun to see what others have created.  I hope there is good participation with a room full of creative interpretations of the theme!

5 comments:

diane said...

What a cool project. I love your interpretation of the theme.

ferntyler said...

I feel like I always just repeat myself when I see your work because I just think you are so amazing - I can't believe you just came up with that, with the hearts in the hearts and the YW tie in - so cool!

Alex said...

That is an awesome design. Have you thought of publishing your designs? I would totally buy your patterns !!!

Trisha said...

Fun to see your design idea come to life! It looks great.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What an inspired submission! Love how each heart represents a value.