Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Swappin'

I've got some quilt swaps going again and it feels great.

I didn't do much sewing at the end of last year, I don't know if I was burned out on sewing, or life, or what.  But I've missed sewing and doing swaps so I joined in on the fun over at the 6"-12" mini quilt trading swap on flickr.

For January they were doing a valentine sampler mini swap.  My partner got started right away and had my quilt to me in the mail by the 6th!  Isn't it cute?

IMG_8178 

So I got busy working on hers this week and mailed it off today.  Since she hasn't received hers yet, I'll just show a little sneak peek:

IMG_8177

As soon as I hear that she has received it I'll reveal the whole thing.

I'm also participating in Doll Quilt Swap 8 (DQS8).  This will be my 5th round participating in this swap.  It is such fun because partners are a secret.  You don't know who has your name until your little quilt arrives in the mail.  Right now we're just waiting to hear from our swap mamas to find out who we are matched up with.

Print

Once I hear I'll stalk him/her to figure out what she/he likes and dislikes and try to make a quilt that he/she will love!  Last round the quilt I sent was never acknowledged, which was pretty disappointing.  I hope whoever gets my quilt this time will let me know it was received.

A little note to the person who gets matched up with me:

You can check out my favorites over on flickr to get an idea of what I like.  I just love little quilts, so have fun with it and I'm sure I'll love whatever you make for me.

2 comments:

diane said...

I'm glad you got your quilt mojo back.

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see all of your mini quilt.