Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Surprises Can Be Fun!

IMG_9584

Well, we didn’t really get to see the sunset because of all the clouds, but it still was beautiful!

Just Miss K and I went to enjoy the sunset and read her book together, but she and Dad were being a bit sneaky and she brought along the GPS and the geocoin and travel bug from Canada.  So we got to do a little geocaching and find new homes for the trackables.

And what a lovely spot we found for them!IMG_9588

I didn’t really appreciate the cliff we had to walk along to find them!  But we survived.  I had to be the brave one and walk closest to the drop-off for Miss K.  The things we do for our kids!!!

IMG_9591

This was the container for the geocoin.  Perfect fit.  And the second one worked out great for the larger travel bug with attached shell from the east coast!

I’ve got the quilt layered for my Grandma.  The simple pattern of rectangles went together quickly.  Better get back to it.  Gotta have it all done by Wednesday.  Be back with pictures hopefully soon!

4 comments:

Deb said...

I didn't know what geocaching was. It sounds like it's really cool.

Love the pictures from this post and your preceding one - I've been out to lunch and missed that post. And I have to say that you were brave to walk along that ledge - I couldn't do that!!

Trisha said...

What a beautiful place to geocache and read your books. You are so lucky to live that close to a pretty beach. Can't wait to see the quilt all finished. Yay!

Rafael's Mum said...

Oh I love your photos!! Why did I not find you before now? Lovely!

Kelly Grace said...

It's nice to find another quilter who is also a geocacher! :) It's a wonderful family activity!