Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy December

I missed almost the whole month of November and it’s already the middle of December, wow!  I’ve been gone a long time.  Things have been crazy and a bit stressful around here.  And now I’m sick.  But hopefully all that is in the past and we can move on.  I’m counting on 2011 being a better year than 2010.

I’ll try to catch you up by going through some pictures (in no particular order):

droid 102910 015

Miss K was an Oompa Loompa in Willy Wonka.  That same week my grandmother passed away and I left right away to spend the week with my parents to help with the plans and attend the funeral.  It was a special week to remember my grandma, to support my parents and spend time together as a family.

househouse2

I sent off these house blocks to a couple special ladies who were putting together a couple house quilts for some other special ladies who were fighting cancer.  What a wonderful project to be involved in!

IMG_0229IMG_0227

I made these little sewing kits for some friends. (Diane, see that pink one..it’s yours. Still need to get it to you Smile along with that video I borrowed from you so long ago!)

IMG_0274

I took the nine patches I had from the three by three swap on Flickr and made up this quilt for my grandma’s roommate from the nursing home.  This is the top, I never got a picture of the final quilt, darn.  It was her birthday over Thanksgiving so we hand delivered it to her and my son was able to play happy birthday on his sax for her.  I was so glad to find a great use for those nine patches and thank her for keeping a look out for my grandma!

rbhsparade

My boys competed in the southern California band review and their band won sweepstakes for the 11th year in a row! So exciting and special because it is the only year both boys (senior and freshman) will be in it together.

IMG_0270

I made 12 of these house blocks for the 3.5 inch bitty block swap for November.  (more about that later!)

And I made this shabby chic cottage for Dawn for the Oct/Nov Mini QT (6-12 inches) Swap.

And this is the fun quilt that arrived in my mailbox from my swap partner. Thanks Dawn!

IMG_1346

Now hopefully I’m caught up and I’ll be able to be back here blogging and sewing Smile!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

em's scrapbag said...

I love all the house blocks. So sorry about your grandma. The quilt you made her roommate is lovely. Congrats to the boys on winning the compition. Love the pic of the umpa lumpas. My son was Mike TV in that play a few years ago and it was so fun.