Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

March Card Exchange

IMG_0909

This month I decided a butterfly would be the focal point of my card.  I found the butterfly image online and used my Cricut to cut the butterfly out of some fabric I had on hand.  I used a post from the same website to find out how to do it.  I ended up fusing the fabric butterfly to a white cardstock base so that it would stand out from the background.  The body and antenna is cut from cardstock and attached with glue dots. 

Once the butterflies were assembled, I headed to the paper store to pick out the paper for the rest of the card.

The base card is brown on one side, and blue on the other, so I sanded it down at the crease and on the edges to make the blue show through a bit.  I love the results!

Here are the cards I received:

IMG_0921

Always a fun evening to be together, eat a yummy dinner and be blown away by all the fun cards!  Thanks girls.

1 comment:

Kim W said...

That Cricut is an amazing machine. The more I see what people are doing with it, the more I'm almost positive I "need" one. Ha! There are some talented ladies in your group. Those cards are beautiful.