Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Cherry Lemonade

I finally got a chance to make up this interlocking whirligig pattern for a doll quilt baby gift.  I love how it turned out!

It was great using my design wall right next to my sewing machine, rather than having it laid out on the floor like I usually do.  So much more efficient and within reach.

 

Since the color positioning was pretty complicated I printed up the pattern and colored it in with markers so I could keep track of all the color placement.

Once it was done I picked out a special dolly for this special doll quilt.  Isn’t she cute?

Here she is all wrapped up and ready to go to her new home with a little baby girl that will be born at the end of this month!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

So cute!! I love the colors and the whirligigs and how they interlock. Love it!!!!

Karen said...

That is a really wonderful little quilt. I love the colors and can see how useful a design wall would be with the placement. Somebaby is going to be very happy.

Shari said...

This is so cute and so sweet - perfect for a new baby girl! Hope all goes well!

Jenn said...

So darling Tina. Magnificent job!

diane said...

I'm so happy to get a second look at this adorable doll quilt. It is even better in person.