Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summertime

Things have just been going non-stop around here since the end of school.  Here's a little glimpse of my sparse quilting related activity:

012

Look at these lovely 9 patches I received from Anina's Three by Three Swap.  This is the first set.  I'll be sending some more off by the end of this month and then I'll anticipate another lovely package with a variety of nine patches inside.  There are 4 blocks missing from the picture that were unfortunately made a bit small.   But they won't go to waste.  My daughter is excited to use them in a project.

Check out the fun wonky house below. 

015

A group of us local friends and quilters are just starting a little quilting group.  At our first meeting we made these houses inspired from Gwen Marston's book Liberated Quiltmaking.  Our generous teacher let us choose fabrics from her stash to try out this fun free piecing technique.  I can't wait to make more of these fun houses! I've been watching Lynne make tons of them.  And of course Sarah makes wonderful houses too.  I was excited to join in the fun.

I'm off to Girl's Camp this coming week.  We've got a really nice camp/facility that we use for about 200 girls ages 12-18.  I'll check back in when I return.  (Hopefully my summer can really start when I get back! And hopefully that will include more sewing and posting to my blog!)

5 comments:

diane said...

Love the bright colors of the nine patch.

Your little house is adorable and inviting. Makes me want to see what's inside.

I'm glad you will be at camp with the girls. Have fun and I hope you get a little time to relax, although I know this is a working trip for you. Thanks for all you do to make it so fabulous for the girls.

My word verification is cudog...c u dog! Hee hee

Anina said...

I truly hope the June and July blocks are more accurate. I'm glad you can find a use for the small ones though.

Trisha said...

I was hoping you would get one of mine but it doesn't look like you did. I got one of yours!

So fun that you have a local quilt group that gets together to sew. I look forward to talking to you when you get back from girls camp. I hope you have fun!!

jacquie said...

what a great selection of blocks. love your house too. i did my first one last week...pretty fun...could be addicting!

Karen said...

Great nine-patches and I love the Wonky House.