Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

R is for Rocket

Here’s what I’ve been up to:  More 3.5 inch blocks.

This time we are doing an alphabet swap and I was assigned the letter R.  Our assignment was to have something pictured that starts with the letter we were assigned, and the letter is supposed to appear on the block as well.  So, I combined those things and designed this rocket.  I picked up the background fabric while I was on that recent shop hop.  It turned out to be a great fabric for this project!

I had these 4 blocks up on my design wall from quilt group the other month when we I was teaching the ladies how to make these stars.  So when I needed a baby gift, I was able to grab them and whip up a quick doll quilt. 

I wish I had a picture of the cute, bright pink stuffed hippo I bought to go along with it.  She had pink and green toe nails and stars around her eyes.

IMG_0412

I also recently finished up a group project that was a special quilt gift for a friend and got it off in the mail today.  I hope she feels all the healing love it was stitched with when she receives it!

Now it’s time to clean up my work space and get back to my doll quilt for DQS11!

No comments: